The British American Foundation of Texas (BAFTX) was established to help provide financial assistance and educational opportunities to academically-gifted students in the United Kingdom and the United States.
It offers a number of dedicated scholarship programmes to Swansea University students participating in the University's reciprocal exchange programmes with Texas A&M University and the University of Houston.
How to Apply: Supporting Materials
In advance of applying, students should gather/prepare the following:
- Average mark for the previous year (or semester if only one semester has been completed)
- The income and occupation of each parent & details of any other household income
- Academic Transcript
- 150 word biography
- Details of voluntary / community work, extra-curricular activities and part-time work
- An essay (min. 1000 words) on one of the following topics:
- Explain a situation in which you were directly involved that did not go according to plan and, as a result, how you responded to the new situation.
- Describe an ethical dilemma you experienced firsthand. How did you manage and resolve the situation?
- Describe a situation where, due to your background, beliefs, or life experiences, you felt at odds in an environment. How did you react to and overcome the differences?