Coronavirus: Bus Service Updates - Information correct as of 05.01.21
We aim to keep this information updated regularly, in line with the easing or tightening of restrictions.
- Please note that during the pandemic, bus service providers are likely to make changes to services and procedures in line with changing Government guidelines. We advise you to download the First Cymru app to keep up-to-date with First Cymru services. You can also visit their covid-19 webpage and follow them on social media.
- It is compulsory to wear a face covering on public transport in Wales. Visit First Cymru's Covid-19 Service Information webpage for further information about face coverings and other safety measures including helpful video guides to give you a clearer idea of what First Cymru is doing to keep you safe whilst using public transport.
- You should keep an eye on the University’s information and advice for students during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- 24 hour services and the number 9 service are currently unavailable until normal services resume. First Cymru have up-to-date information on how their services have been affected on their website: www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales
- After Saturday 2 January, park & ride services will be suspended until further notice. This also applies to Service 9B between Fabian Way and the Bay Campus. More information is available on the Swansea Council and First Cymru websites.
- The number 4 service between Singleton Campus and Morriston Hospital via the Quadrant Bus station is now running every 10 minutes Mondays to Fridays. More on First Cymru's website.
- Welsh Government Travel Advice is available here: gov.wales/coronavirus-travel
- Due to the ongoing uncertainty of covid-19, we would not advise you to purchase an annual bus pass at this time. If you do purchase an annual bus pass from First Cymru, please be advised, in the event of further lockdown situations, First Cymru will not be issuing refunds. There are a number of alternative options available below including term time bus passes and flexi 5 bundles.