Tuesday 14th March
Register via Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_cZtuwjoPT5C8c7B9iOrV0w
Students wanting to gain international work experience can complete an internship from the comfort of their own home, working up to 30 hours per week for 4, 8, or 12 weeks. All students are guaranteed an online internship placement in one of their career fields, and students can focus on one country overseas or multiple countries overseas for placement options - students are given 3 location preferences.
More information can be found on the Virtual Internships website
Reasons to sign up!
- Guaranteed Virtual International Internship in the career field of choice
- Dedicated Intern Experience Manager to check-in weekly with interns
- Assigned Internship Coach to complete midpoint and end of programme coaching calls with the delivery of Global Career Management Plan (GCMP) and Global Employability Certificate
- Access to CareerBridge, Virtual Internships' award-winning Global Internship Curriculum walking students through resume/CV creation, interview prep, time management, remote work, and more
- Weekly Group Discussions or Employability Webinars covering a range of topical themes
- Full End of Programme Report including supervisor evaluation, student assessment, and Global Career Management Plan
- Students must be enrolled at Swansea University
- Students cannot be in the final year of study
- Postgraduate students can apply for funding but must provide evidence that their academic supervisor approves of their participation.
- International students should speak to International@CampusLife to check the impact of the work placement on their Student Route visa
Widening Participation Criteria
- annual household income of £25,000 or less (rising to £30,000 for Go Global bursaries)
- students receiving Universal Credit or income-related benefits (for Taith and Turing only)
- care leavers and care experienced students
- care givers (excludes Taith)
- estranged students.
- refugees and asylum seekers.
- first international or professional experience (for Santander only)
Costs and Funding
Confirmed total cost of participation:
£995 for any duration internship (consisting of £995 programme cost and no additional costs)
Funding available to eligible students:
- up to £295 for students eligible for the standard bursary
- up to £695 for students eligible for the WP enhanced bursary
A total of 4 bursaries are available for this programme. Apply as soon as possible to secure funding as all funding is limited!
You will be responsible for paying a deposit directly to Virtual Internships, and we will pay the remainder of your funding direct to Virtual Internships once you have started the programme.
Please DO NOT pay the acceptance fee until you are sure you are able to commit to the programme, as the acceptance fee is non-refundable.
To receive funding, you will be required to complete and return the necessary documentation and fulfil the requirements of the funding you are awarded.
How to Apply
Apply for funding:
- Complete and return the Go Global Funding Application Form to email@example.com
- We will confirm your funding eligibility
Apply to the programme:
- Please complete Virtual Internships online application form
- Application deadline: 5th May 2023