Once more details about information sessions are available, we will post them here. Please check back soon!
Immerse yourself in the French way of life in Lyon next summer! This six-week fully packed programme includes 35 hours of French Language and 35 hours of French Culture Classes and excursions, a tour of Lyon, a two-day trip to the Mediterranean, and more! This is the perfect opportunity for any students interested in the French language and culture to improve their language skills and knowledge of France next summer...
Dates for summer 2023: Monday 5th June - Thursday 13th July 2023
More information can be found on the Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3 website
- Explore the French culture and city of Lyon
- Improve your French language skills
- Make new friends from all over the world!
- Students must be enrolled at Swansea University
- Students cannot be in the final year of study
- Postgraduate students can apply for funding but must provide evidence that their academic supervisor approves of their participation.
- annual household income of £25,000 or less (rising to £30,000 for Go Global bursaries)
- students receiving Universal Credit or income-related benefits (for Taith and Turing only)
- care leavers and care experienced students
- care givers (excludes Taith)
- estranged students.
- refugees and asylum seekers.
- first international or professional experience (for Santander only)
Estimated total cost of participation:
£2800 for 6 week programme (consisting of £2200 programme cost and approximately £600 additional costs, such as flights and visas)
Funding available to eligible students:
- up to £2200 for students eligible for the standard bursary
- up to £2500 for students eligible for the WP enhanced bursary
- minimum bursary of £1400 for eligible students and subject to availability
A total of 5 bursaries are available for this programme. Apply as soon as possible to secure funding as all funding is limited!
You will be responsible for paying the programme cost directly to Lyon Summer School. You will receive your funding at the start of your placement - please factor this into your budgeting! Please do not make any financial commitments to your chosen programme until you have been through the travel approval process and received confirmation of travel approval from Swansea University.
To receive funding, you will be required to complete and return the necessary documentation and fulfil the requirements of the funding you are awarded.
All programmes are offered subject to full travel approval. Students will be required to complete the university’s international travel approval process in order to participate in summer programmes and receive any associated funding. Swansea University’s travel cover is in place for students whose travel plans have been approved by the university. However, Swansea University’s travel cover does not cover any disruption arising out of Covid-19. Students are therefore responsible for any potential financial loss resulting from disruption caused by Covid-19. For full details of the University’s travel cover, please visit https://myuni.swansea.ac.uk/finance/insurance-information/travel-cover/.
You will require full travel approval from Swansea University in order to participate. Therefore, please do not make any financial commitments to your chosen programme until you have been through the travel approval process and received confirmation of travel approval from Swansea University.
Apply for funding:
- Complete and return the Go Global Funding Application Form to email@example.com
- We will confirm your funding eligibility
Apply to the programme:
- Application deadline 13th March 2023
- Apply to the Lyon Summer School directly: https://www.univ-lyon3.fr/medias/fichier/dossier-de-candidature-french-summer-school-2023_1665650806497-pdf
- Notify the Go Global team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are accepted onto the programme