Study in India this summer!
Immerse yourself in the Indian way of life in Mumbai this summer! Exprience India's top-rated campus and study courses from globally renowned experts. You can pick from one of the following 9 programmes, suitable for Engineering, Physics, Maths, Computer Science, Philosophy and/ International Relations which take place between 12th - 23rd June 2023:
- Introduction to Numerical Optimisation
- Introductory Course on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of Engineering Systems
- Classical Indian Philosophy in the Contemporary World
- Planetary Exploration and Space Science
- Motor Drives for Electric Vehicle
- Waste to Energy - Sustainable Waste management
- Systems Engineering Principles
- Introduction to Statistics
- Neuromorphic Computing
More information can be found on the IIT Bombay website
- Immerse yourself in the Indian culture of Mumbai
- Develop a range of new skills
- Make new friends from all over the world!
- Students must be enrolled at Swansea University
- Students cannot be in the final year of study
- Postgraduate students can apply for funding but must provide evidence that their academic supervisor approves of their participation.
- International students should speak to International@CampusLife to check the impact of the work placement on their Student Route visa
- annual household income of £25,000 or less (rising to £30,000 for Go Global bursaries)
- students receiving Universal Credit or income-related benefits (for Taith and Turing only)
- care leavers and care experienced students
- care givers (excludes Taith)
- estranged students.
- refugees and asylum seekers.
- first international or professional experience (for Santander only)
Estimated total cost of participation for the programme:
£700 for the programme (consisting of direct return flights to Mumbai)
There is a fully refundable fee of INR 5,000 (approx. £50) which is refunded upon successful completion of the programme.
IIT Bombay will cover: programme fee, visa fees, accommodation and meals, Participation Certitifcate and airport transfers.
Additional costs to consider will include: flights to and from Mumbai, any local tours, any additional personal spending.
Funding available to eligible students:
Please complete a bursary application form and return to Go Global who will assess eligibility for funding.
Funding levels have now been reduced to the following amounts as a result of all Santander bursaries being allocated. Funding applications will be assessed every Thursday and students will receive follow up information about available funding shortly thereafter.
You will receive your funding at the start of your placement - please factor this into your budgeting! Please do not make any financial commitments to your chosen programme until you have been through the travel approval process and received confirmation of travel approval from Swansea University.
To receive funding, you will be required to complete and return the necessary documentation and fulfil the requirements of the funding you are awarded.
All programmes are offered subject to full travel approval. Students will be required to complete the university’s international travel approval process in order to participate in summer programmes and receive any associated funding. Swansea University’s travel cover is in place for students whose travel plans have been approved by the university. However, Swansea University’s travel cover does not cover any disruption arising out of Covid-19. Students are therefore responsible for any potential financial loss resulting from disruption caused by Covid-19. For full details of the University’s travel cover, please visit https://myuni.swansea.ac.uk/finance/insurance-information/travel-cover/.
You will require full travel approval from Swansea University in order to participate. Therefore, please do not make any financial commitments to your chosen programme until you have been through the travel approval process and received confirmation of travel approval from Swansea University.
Apply for funding:
- Complete and return the Go Global Funding Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will confirm your funding eligibility
Apply to the programme:
- Apply to IIT Bombay direct: https://forms.gle/wQLG6j26zQkZjuU79
- Deadline to apply is 23rd April 2023
- Successful candidates wil be notified by 10th May 2023