Swansea University’s School of Management has an Employability team dedicated and tailored solely for you as a management student. This service ensures that employability is actively promoted and remains an important focus throughout your studies.
The team has an impressive track-record of getting students into employment. They are your dedicated Employability team as a School of Management student and are located within the building, available whenever you need their support.
They have already helped numerous students secure their dream jobs and placements. They’re who you need to speak to for:
- Placement advice
- CV tips
- Interview tips (general interviews and psychometric testing)
- They’ll even research the brands you want to work for and advise on their interview formats
"The reason I got my job is because of them.
The Employability team is something that sets this university apart."
- George Miller, Project Accountant at BAE Systems
Contact the School's Employability Team if you have any questions or want to make an appointment to speak to one of the team.
Want to improve your employability skills by doing a work placement?
There are numerous opportunities to advance your employability throughout your student experience, such as:
- SPIN (Swansea Paid Internship Network): Through our Paid Internship Network we seek to connect students to employers across all sectors for 4-week graduate-level internships. All roles are advertised via Employment Zone, and our SEA Specialists support internships to ensure that both the business and the student get the most out of the experience. Students are paid at least Living Wage Foundation rates, and grants are available to employers to support their salary. Placements can run throughout the year, although during term time would need to be part-time.
- Our WOW programme offers students a taster of a wide range of businesses and gives employers an opportunity to bring students’ dynamic talent to the business for shorter projects. All roles are advertised via Employment Zone, and our SEA Specialists support internships to ensure that both the business and the student get the most out of the experience. Bursaries are available to support student expenses. Internships can run throughout the year, although during term time would need to be part-time.
- The Santander Universities Placement Programme provides students and recent graduates with paid work experience within local SMEs and third sector organisations. Santander offers flexible grants to these employers.
Get in touch with us to find out how you can gain work experience whilst studying for your degree.
Undergraduate students also have the option to do a Year in Industry as part of their degree. Our Year in Industry degrees are four-year degree programmes, where your third year is spent working in industry.
Explore our Top Tips for success
Click on the options below for some of our handy top tips and insights to help you prepare for the next steps in your career.