Cardiff University’s elements within ASTUTE 2020 will be delivered by an established partnership made up of three distinct research groupings, each of which has an international reputation for excellence in its own right.
- The Mechanics, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing Theme, Cardiff University School of Engineering, College of Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Logistics and Operations Management, Cardiff Business School, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Clinical Innovation Partnership (Cardiff University and Cardiff and Vale UHB), c/o School of Medicine, College of Biomedical and Life Sciences.
Cardiff will provide manufacturing companies with access to proven world class expertise and facilities across all three of the identified key expertise themes and will assist in specialisations such as:
- Aerospace and Automotive
- Autonomous Systems and Robotics
- Design and Manufacturing
- Intelligent and Knowledge-based Systems
- Micro-Nano Manufacturing
- Smart Systems
- Computational mechanics
- Linear and non-linear control theory
- Supply chain re-engineering
- Sustainable manufacturing and the circular economy
- Logistics and Supply Chain Engineering
- Medical diagnostics and devices
Cardiff’s close involvement with industry ensures that ASTUTE 2020’s research has both relevance and meaning. This focus on applied research enables us to work with some of the world’s most renowned global companies, whilst also contributing to the needs of the local region through our collaborations with SMEs.