Biomedical Science is the integrative scientific study of biological issues related to the support of the diagnosis and treatment of various conditions that affect peoples’ quality of life and it is a well-recognised, evidence inform and valued profession that encompasses a holistic and life-span approach to the provision of diagnostic, assessment and intervention.
This course will explore the theoretical and practical aspects of Cellular and Molecular Pathology within the context of diagnositic and investigative discipline of Biomedical Science using a blended and integrated learning approach that utilises a mix of on-campus teaching and online learning approaches. This innovative approach would further support the development of your learning experience alongside the development of key practical laboratory skills.
This course will be designed to provide you an challenging academic experience that is geared towards you developing a career in Biomedical Sciences and Life Science sectors.
- Topics Likely To Be Covered
There are number of topic areas covered within the programme that allow you to develop and enhance your specialist knowledge of cellular pathology via the study and investigation of the various approaches that allow for the microscopic examination of normal and abnormal cells (cytopathology), and tissues (histopathology) for indicators of disease, such as:
• Research and Innovation
• Fundamentals of Biomedical Science (covering Good Laboratuory Practice, Diagnositcs, Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Immunology, Haematology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Novel approaches and technologies in biomedical science)
• Professional Practice Development
• Cancer Genetics
• Nanomedicine and Therapeutics
• Cellular Pathology (covering the gross structure and function of normal cells and tissues, exploring the structural changes that may occur in disease, reproductive science, and diagnostic visualisation and imaging techniques)
• Research Dissertation or Professional Practice Development Portfolio*
* Dependant upon availability of these modules and your previous or current employment experience in Biomedical Science
- Intended Start Date
- Sept21 & Jan22
Please complete the form below so that we can send you more information about this degree programme when it becomes available e.g. modules, fees, start date etc.