The MRes in Biosciences gives you expert research training embedded in our world-class research groups embedded within one or more of our research themes in Biosciences. You will benefit from our specialist facilities on the way to achieving a research qualification of genuine distinction.
Our specialist facilities include:
- a custom-designed £12.5 million coastal research vessel
- the unique Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research
- advanced computing facilities with high-end graphics workstations
- bespoke behaviour and ecology laboratory facilities
- dedicated molecular ecology and endocrinology facilities and laboratories
The first term consists of one compulsory module providing core science skills, knowledge of research methods and scientific reviewing, and two modules chosen from a range on offer within the School. The second and third terms are occupied by the research project.
Why Biosciences at Swansea?
- Top 300 in the QS World University Rankings by subject 2023 for Biological Sciences
- UK Top 3 for Course Satisfaction (The Guardian University Guide 2022)
- UK Top 10 for Research Quality (The Complete University Guide 2023)
- 90% of our research outputs have been recognised as world leading and internationally excellent - Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
- 100% of the environment was rated as world leading and internationally excellent - Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021