The UK and Welsh Governments have confirmed that EU students commencing their studies in the academic year 2021/22 will be classified as international students. As such, EU students will no longer be eligible to pay UK fee status or have access to funding through the Student Loans Company.
At Swansea, we wish to support EU students that will be affected by this change in status with an EU Transitional Bursary. The bursary will be awarded as an automatic discount to tuition fees for EU students that join us in the academic year 2021/22 and will reduce the fees to the same level as UK tuition fees for those that are eligible. This will apply for the duration of your course.
Key eligibility details include:
- Must be ordinarily domiciled in an EU country*.
- Must be an EU applicant that has been classified by the University as an international student for 2021/22 entry fees purposes.
- Must be starting their first year of study on a course at Swansea University in academic year 2021/2022.
- Full-time and part-time courses are eligible.
- Applicants will not be able to combine the EU Transitional Bursary with any other scholarship that Swansea University offers.
- The following courses are not eligible for the bursary:
- MBBCh Graduate Entry Medicine
- BSc (Hons) Healthcare Sciences – all branches including Audiology, Cardiac Physiology, etc
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
- BSc (Hons) Child Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Social Work
- BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Full terms and conditions will be added as soon as available.
Each bursary is worth the difference in price between the international and UK tuition fee. For information about the course fees, please visit the Undergraduate Courses page.
How to Apply
Bursaries will automatically be awarded to students who accept an offer to study an eligible bachelor’s course at Swansea University. You do not need to make a separate application for this bursary.
To be considered for a bursary, you must complete the following steps:
- Apply for an eligible bachelor's course starting at Swansea University in academic year 2021/22:
- Formally accept your offer of study.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
*The EU countries that are included for domicile purposes are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.