Going abroad for Semester 1 or the Full Year
If you are planning on spending a full academic year or semester 1 abroad, there will be a range of key dates throughout the academic year before you depart:
During semester 1:
- Options meeting is held in your Faculty - information about the opportunities and destinations available for your subject.
- Deadline is set by your department, usually November/December.
- Your Faculty will confirm your destination for the following academic year.
During semester 2:
- January onwards: Go Global will contact you via email when it is time to start your application to your chosen university, please note deadlines vary depending on the university so don't panic if you haven't heard anything. If you need assistance with your application, please sign up for an appointment in-person or via Zoom on Calendly:https://calendly.com/swansea-goglobal
- March: Attend International Travel Approval session - Wednesday March 15th 1pm on Zoom: https://swanseauniversity.zoom.us/j/94658235575?pwd=WHNsSGFITUVNckhnSXZJVlVKbnoyQT09
- April: Receive information on applying for visas via email
- May: Attend Faculty Pre-Departure meeting
You will be invited to any sessions via your Swansea University student email address. Please attend all sessions and ensure you meet any deadlines set.
For more detailed information about how you can prepare for your year abroad, visit our Pre-departure pages.