Want to find out more about Engineering at Swansea University? Please feel free to contact us directly at any time during the academic year if you have any questions about our degrees and entry requirements, course content and demands, further progression, and any ways in which the College of Engineering can support your school.
Services for prospective students, their teachers and advisers
We offer a visiting speaker programme to schools and colleges on subject specific topics, which includes and is not restricted to:
- Studying Engineering at university – the different disciplines, course content, research areas, jobs and careers, student life and demands, support and facilities.
- A student’s view on studying Engineering at university – this talk will be given by one of our current student ambassadors
- We may also be able to offer lectures on specific topics to support the A level curriculum - please contact us for details
Please contact Adam Jones from the College of Engineering by emailing email@example.com or calling 01792 295514.
The College of Engineering runs bespoke taster days and visits on the Swansea University campus. They are designed to give year 10-12 students information about studying Engineering at university and to help them make informed subject choices for both sixth form and university applications. Each day or visit is run to meet the requirement of the school/college and typically includes:
- Sample lectures/taster practical sessions on a range of topics
- Opportunity to meet current students and hear about their study experiences
- Guided tour of the Swansea University campus
- Sessions usually last between 1.5 hours and 5 hours within the school day
There is no charge for these sessions, but we can only offer limited availability throughout the year. For further information and to express your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01792 295514.
When researching their Higher Education options, prospective applicants find the advice and guidance of current students invaluable. We can arrange for one of our current students to visit your School or College and contribute to your Higher Education programme by speaking to students.
To discuss this further or request a visit, please email email@example.com or call 01792 295514.
- Engineering Homepage
- About the College of Engineering
- Our Staff
- Our Engineering Courses
- Our Research
- Engineering at the Bay Campus
- Our Engineering Industry Links
- Our Engagement with Schools
- Inclusivity in Engineering
- Working with the College of Engineering
- School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- One Step Ahead Webinars
- International Women in Engineering Day 2021
- A Call for Engineers