Growing Regional Outputs With Innovative Next Generation Communications
Swansea University, Gower College Swansea, Neath Port Talbot Group of Colleges and Pembrokeshire College have formed a successful partnership between Higher and Further Education called the Growing Comms Project. The aim is to enhance regional communication and collaboration between HE, FE and the industry.
Between March 2019 and June 2020, the project has
- equipped the four partners with digitally enhanced Collaborative Spaces to help develop new teaching approaches and enhance regional cross-institutional collaboration
- promoted HE to more than 930 final year students from all partner FECs by organising visits to Welsh Universities.
- engaged with local companies & organisations to share knowledge
These achievements are detailed in Growing Comms Phase 1 Report.
The success of this first phase has led to further funding to continue the project with a focus on supporting the shift to new ways of teaching as a response to the Covid-19 crisis.
Between June 2020 and December 2020, the project has
- supported the partners through the changes to teaching delivery required by the social distancing measures
- supported the future and current students by offering a range of novel online activities related to the Future Skills Programme
- enhanced business engagement by involving local and international companies in most activities carried out during this second phase of the project, like student online activities or staff CPD training.
These achievements are detailed in Growing Comms Phase 2 Report
Do you want to try a new type of activity with your students, using blended learning and role play?
Here is the material of an activity held with a group of FE students and adapted for online delivery: