Support at Swansea University

Swansea University offers additional support to students who have been in care or are estranged from their family.

Participation@CampusLife provide tailored advice, opportunities and information to eligible Care Leavers and students estranged from their parents.  We can help you to access information and guidance on a variety of issues including accommodation, academic support, and finances, allowing you to make positive and informed decisions about your study and university experience.

The information below outlines the support package for eligible Care Leavers and estranged students. If you have care experience, been under guardianship care, have no living parents or are a foyer resident, please get in touch to discuss your circumstances and to establish the support available to you.

Support for Care Leavers

If you'd like to find out more about the support available to Care Leavers, please see our Being a Care Leaver page.

Support for Estranged Students

If you'd like to find out more about the support available to estranged students, please see our Being Estranged from your Family page.


All information dealt with by Participation@CampusLife is done so in the strictest confidence. On the occasions that we need to consult staff from other departments, or external organisations, we only do so with prior consent from you.