We love visiting schools and colleges as well as hosting digital workshops inspiring pupils onto the right pathway into Higher Education.
Our workshops can include any of the below:
- Tailored workshops and taster sessions with our academics that teach our courses.
- Meet current students: Life as a student
- College and Campus tours
- Employability workshop: discover why we’re a UK Top 5 ranked university for Career Prospects. This workshop includes tips on applying for jobs, interview conduct and drafting a CV from our bespoke in-house Employability Team.
Taster days for Year 10- 12 students
- We can arrange for one of our current students to visit your School or College and contribute to your Higher Education programme by speaking to students.
We can deliver our sessions in person or online. All our services can be arranged to fit in with school or college timetables or evening events for parents and are free of charge. Please complete the request form and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact.
Personal Statement Tips
- Choose your degree subject – you can study Single Honours (one subject) or Joint Honours (two subjects)
Look at the course content and modules to select the course you are interested in studying www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/
- Write your personal statement emphasising your interest in the course e.g. themes you are currently studying as part of current study or themes/modules we offer
- If you are in a role in school/college e.g., Prefect, Captain of a sports team include this but expand on what the role entails e.g., leadership, team-work and organizational skills
- Highlight your personal interests relating to the degree you want to study e.g. books you have read, film or TV programmes, current affairs, social media – blogs
- If you know your career path, write about this and relate it to the degree you want to study – include any work experience, voluntary work you have undertaken
- Ask a relative or friend to read your personal statement – independent feedback is always helpful!