- Group Size
- Decide on the size of your group and how many of you will be sharing a house.
- Think about how much you can afford to pay and remember that most rent in the private sector does not include bills.
- Think about what facilities you'd like in the property. e.g. double beds, how many bathrooms etc?
- Where to live
- How far do you want to be away from the Uni or even shops, Bars Clubs etc.,
- Popular Areas
Decide on the size of your group and how many of you will be sharing a house.
Think about what facilities you'd like in the property. e.g. double beds, how many bathrooms etc?
- Deposits are taken when signing a rental contract for a private property.
- Only a reservation deposit is taken for a SAS managed property - this is deducted from your last term's rent.
- Landlords must place your deposit in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme so you'll receive part or all of your deposit back after you've moved out and returned the keys.
- The landlord is entitled to make deductions from the deposit in the case of damage or negligence - this can include cleaning charges.
- Private landlords are required to give you at least 24 hours to take the contract away to read before you sign.
- With a SAS managed property, you'll have 72 hours to get back to us.
- You can contact the Students' Union Advice Centre to read through private contracts to make sure everything is legitimate.