Applying for accommodation
Applying for accommodation at Swansea University is simple, and the following information will help guide you through the process.
You can apply as soon as you receive your student number, which will be sent to you from Admissions.
We do our best to house you in your preferred residence, however this is not always possible. We receive a high number of applications for accommodation, so we recommend applying as early as possible.
If you need help completing your application, you can watch our videos below, or feel free to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students studying a subject with a non-standard course length, the application process differs slightly. You can find out all you need to know by visiting the non-standard course length page.
- Apply as soon as you receive your student number - as you can imagine, A-Level results day is our busiest day of the year, so don’t wait until you have your results to apply.
- When you are ready, create an accommodation account on our residences portal and follow the instructions at each stage (Tip: Always use the Back and Next Icons on the page, not your browser)
- Make a note of anything that may need to be considered during your application, such as any medical conditions or additional requirements
- When you’ve finished your application, we will send you an automated email with details of your application and you can log into your account to update your preferences or check your application’s status at any time
- Updating your preference will not affect the date you first made your application.